LOTOJA is a 206 mile cycling race from Logan To Jackson (LoToJa). Amateur Radio operators help by providing:
- Event Communications
- Neutral wheel and mechanic support
- First Aid support
- Help participants, their support crews, and families have a safe and enjoyable event
LOTOJA will be Saturday September 9th, 2017
Important Dates 2017
Tuesday, August 15th, 2017
Orientation and training meeting. Required of all support personnel.
First time volunteers at 6:00 PM and veterans at 7:30 PM.
NEW LOCATION: Bridgerland Applied Technology Center: ROOM 840.
Tuesday August 22, 2017
Radio check following BARC net. If you are in the cache valley area you will need to have all of your frequencies in your radio programmed by this night so you can test it out. There will be hams acting as the repeaters that are out of this valley and will be able to tell if you have the r ight frequency and TONE set for your radio.
Thursday, September 7, 2017
BARC potluck and LOTOJA packet/shirts/mechanic kit/first aid kit handout. 6:00 PM – Location 375 E 450 N, Millville, Utah
Friday, September 08, 2017
Wheel distribution for Racer support vehicles only
Vehicles Yellow1 – Yellow 8 – Friday 11 September, 6:30 – 7:00 PM
Vehicles Yellow9 – Yellow 17 – Friday 11 September, 7:00 – 7:30 PM
Blue Vehicles – no wheels to pick up. Pick up mechanic and first aide kits if you have not already between 6:30 – 7:30 or arrange for another vehicle to pick them up for you.
Saturday, September 9 – LOTOJA 2017
Be in positions at least one hour before your assigned pack leave time from Logan, or 1 hour before cars/cyclists are expected to arrive at your Feed Zone, corner, or other location.
This document contains important information about the 2017 event and provides links to all relevant documents, assignments, and resources. Everyone in your vehicle should read this document.
LOTOJA Amateur Radio Organizing Team
- Kevin Reeve N7RXE – Co-Organizer
- Tyler Griffiths N7UWX – Co-Organizer
- Ted McArthur AC7II – Communications Network
- Paul Hoth N1IM – Wheels & Mechanic Kits
- Brandon Tibbits KD7IIW – APRS & Digipeaters
- Keven Nield – Montpelier NET
- Jared Smith N7SMI – Radio Ops Bible & Database
- Bob Humpherys KD7BHB – Cache Net
- Laurie Littledike KF7DKM – Volunteer Database
- Scott Boyer KE7TAW – First Aid Kits
- Tammy Stevens N7YTO – Potluck Social
- Kahlil WA7SHW, Sheri Godfrey KC7MCP, & Nicole Godfrey – Starting Line & Lunches
- Craig Reese KC7CAR – Warning Lights
- Brent Chambers – Director & owner of Epic Events – LOTOJA