The Bridgerland Amateur Radio Club will be holding a “one day” amateur radio Technician licensing class. This will be a six hour “cram” style class. Testing for licensing will follow immediately after the class. The class is being offered at no cost, however, the cost is $15.00 for the exam. To facilitate understanding of subject matter and increase likelihood of a passing score on the exam (as well as reduced stress), those interested are expected to prepare for class prior to your arrival.
The class will be held on Saturday, October 28th, 2017. The class will run from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM with a lunch break from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM. The examination will follow immediately from 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM.
While the exam session is primarily being conducted for those who are participating in the class, all are welcome to participate. The exam session is open to those who are looking to obtain a Technician class license, as well as those who wish to upgrade to General or Extra class.
Please Click Here to sign up for the class.
Students attending the class are expected to prepare by reviewing/studying the following materials:
We also encourage you to take as many practice tests as you can:
Exam Preparation Checklist
- A personal FCC Registration Number (FRN) is required before you can take an exam. If you do not already have a FRN, click here for instructions on obtaining one.
- Download, complete and print the NCVEC 605 application for examination form. Be sure to put your FRN on the form instead of your Social Security Number.
- You must bring one of the following forms of photo identification.
- State issued driver license or identification card.
- United States passport.
- United States military identification card.
- If you do not have a valid form of photo identification, then you must bring two of the following forms of identification.
- Student identification card.
- Birth certificate.
- Social Security card.
- Bring $15.00 cash in exact change or a check made out to ARRL VEC. Credit/debit cards will not be accepted.
- Bring a pencil with eraser. Tests will be given on paper and scratch paper is provided.
- You may bring a calculator that is not capable of holding formulas (i.e. no graphing calculators). Your calculator is subject to inspection by the volunteer examiners. No calculators will be provided by the exam team.
- Summary of items to bring with you to the exam session
- Completed NCVEC 605 form.
- Valid identification.
- $15.00 cash or check.
- Pencil with eraser.
- Calculator (optional).
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions/concerns you may have.